Welcome to Centra Lynchburg General Hospital
Centra Lynchburg General Hospital, with 358 licensed beds, is an emergency and critical care center specializing in cardiology, emergency medicine, orthopedics, oncology, neurology, and neurosurgery. LGH is recognized nationally for its oncology, cardiac, and neurosciences programs, as well as nursing. National recognitions some of our services have received, include:
- 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital
- Magnet Nursing
- Cancer Care Services Accredited with Commendation from Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- Highest Rating from Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons for open heart surgery
- Certified National Primary Stroke Center (region's only)
- Forbes Safest Hospitals in America
- Certified Chest Pain and Acute MI Center
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (region's only)
- Level II Trauma Center
- Beacon Award
The Cardiovascular Group of Centra Stroobants Heart Center, 2410 Atherholt Road, Lynchburg and Centra Seven Hills Urology, 2542 Langhorne Road, Lynchburg are new Outpatient Departments of Centra Lynchburg General Hospital. For more information regarding outpatient services at these locations and Provider Based FAQ sheet, click here.
Send A Gift
For patients at Lynchburg General Hospital, you can order on-line, or contact the General Store at 434.200.3139 to place your order. Phone orders are accepted Monday through Friday 9 a.m. until 8 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Email A Patient
We are pleased to offer patients the ability to receive emails in their rooms. If you would like to send an email to a patient,click here.